Tuesday 8 January 2013

New Year, New Me?


Hi! Hello there. Hello again.

Hmm, yes, I know I've been rather quiet. The festive season sure was festive and I was so distracted with being jolly that I forgot to write. Whoops.

But it's now a new year and I am full of beans (like the rest of the world). I have made some hearty resolutions and am feeling really positive about the year ahead. I really enjoy the start of a new year- endless possibilities abound. I truly think 2013 is going to be a cracker of a year.

In addition to my vows to be healthier, wealthier and wiser, I'm also pretty keen to spruce up my look. I bet a lot of you are thinking the same, after all, this is the time that the 'New Year, New You' motto rings the loudest. What better way than to start afresh than with a new look!

I tend to go through phases with my style. I was ultra-femme for a while there and then had jack of that, and tended towards a more masculine style- with rock elements (I was, and continue to be, obsessed with Debbie Harry). In there somewhere, I wore a lot of vintage- from the 50's to the 80's, that I mixed with modern elements. This was mostly, but not exclusively, when I owned my vintage boutique- it kinda just went with the territory. Recently, I've been a bit more minimalist but I'm finding that a bit boring now. I've always loved dressing a little on the 'eclectic' side and am proud that my style is unlike anyone else I know. This is not to say I look like a crazy old cat lady, with patchwork and multicoloured knitwear a plenty. I just put things together in a sometimes unconventional way and I guess that works for me. Fashion has been my creative outlet for a long time and I express it accordingly through how I dress.

Casual Me.


When it comes to my client's style however, we go at their pace. I gather as much information as I can about their lifestyle, body-shape, likes, dislikes, budget and taste as I can, so we can take the journey together. I do believe though, that it's worth pushing outside your comfort zone to get a formidable result. Just like anything in life, you'll never know how wonderful something can be until you try it.

I'm pretty sure a new look could be just what we all need to start 2013 feeling fabulous. I'll keep you posted about my impending transformation....can't wait.

xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment